Dal Comandante Panerai
riceviamo e volentieri pubblichiamo
sicuramente sai già che essendo stata ratificata dalla Finlandia l’8 Settembre 2016 è stato raggiunto il requisito per l’entrata in forrza della Convenzione la data sarà quindi l’ 8 Settempre 2017 . C’è la possibilità di ottenere il Certificato vero e proprio (naturalmente per gli stati che hanno ratificato, l’Italia non mi risulta essere tra questi) prima dell’entrata in vigore con la dicitura che entreranno in forza dopo l’8 settembre 2017, Per gli yachts (che hanno casse doi zavorra) di bandiere che non hanno ratificato servirà comunque uno Statement of Compliance .
Nel leggere quanto sotto si tenga presente che si applica al PRIMO IOPP RENEWAL SURVEY DOPO l’8 Settembre 2017 . Ti allego oltre le circolari IMo più rilevanti anche una presentazione BV.
1. The criterion of 35% of gross tonnage of the world’s merchant fleet has been reached, on the 8 September 2016(35, 14%). Therefore the BWM convention will enter into force on 8 September 2017. (12 months after ratification status is fulfilled)
2. It is reminded that ships subject to the survey and certification are required to be certified at the Entry Into Force date. This means that, at the Entry Into Force, ships of 400GRT and above will be required to have on board:
· An approved Ballast Water Management Plan (BWMP) (according to D-1 or D-2 Standard)
· A Ballast Water Record Book (BWRB)
· A International BWM Certificate (according to D-1 or D-2 Standard)
3. Ships constructed on or after 8 September 2017 (date of EIF) , are required to comply with regulation D-2 (i.e. BW Management System)
4. Ships constructed before 8 September 2017 (date of EIF) are required to comply either with regulation D-1 (i.e. BW Exchange) or D-2 (i.e. BW Management System) depending on the ship’s ballast water capacity and construction date.
It our understanding that flag States which are Party to the Convention will apply the adjusted implementation schedule for ships constructed prior to the EIF as per IMO Res.1088(28) -attached for easy reference.
Bahamas and Antigua&Barbuda, have formally instructed their RO’s to apply the IMO Res.1088(28).
5. As per IMO circular BWM/Circ.40 (attached for easy reference), it is possible to issue an IBWM Certificate within the 12-months period between 8 September 2016 and 8 September 2017.
Certificates are to be annotated to state that “validity begins from the 8 September 2017.”
6. Existing Statement of Compliance already issued shall be replaced by an International BWM Certificate, when duly delegated by the Flag State (when the Flag state is party to the Convention) and following satisfactory verification on the occasion of an occasional survey or annual survey of:
· No modification on the ship/equipment affecting the conditions based on which the SoC was initially issued
· An approved BWMP is available on board
· A Ballast water record book is available on board and properly filled
· The BWMS, as appropriate, is installed and functioning correctly
For that purpose, survey code BWMO shall be selected.
7. It is reminded that in case of the owner wishes to complete their statutory renewal surveys early, in order to defer the actual implementation date, CMs are to contact the Flag State on a case by case basis, for specific instruction and authorization. (Some flag state have already provided instructions i.e. France, Bahamas, Antigua&Barbuda, )
Allegato di posta elettronica
Ship in Service Operational Manager North Italy
Tel. (+39) 010 89904030 – Mob. (+39) 335 382294
Fax. (+39) 010 594067
BUREAU VERITAS ITALIA
Via Paolo Imperiale, n.4 Genova – Italia
di seguito i PDF :